January 5, 2019

Review: The Queen's Mark

The Queen's Mark The Queen's Mark by Tori Smith
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I got this book for free from Amazon. It sat in my library for not a long period of time actually. The reason I decided to read this book now, is because it's part of a book challenge i'm doing.

So reading the synopsis, it sounds like it's going to be a steamy reverse harem- urban fantasy. Ehhh it has the potential for sure. It definitely has potential, that's why I am going to read the second book in the future to see if things calm down, and go more at an even pace.

But for me it was a huge let down. It felt very rushed, there was no build. One minute she's striving for her independence in life, the next weary of these four men, to going as far as saying you love them. There was nothing sexual, which was a plus because then it would've really felt rushed.

There was inconsistencies in the book, how on moment she was talking about her olive skin, then the next one of the guys was saying it was bronze. Mild grammatical errors. I'm hoping it was just a first book blooper thing and the rest of the books get better.... here's hoping

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment