December 25, 2018

Upcoming Reads January 2019

WARNING, LONG POST!

With the year almost over... GOODBYE 2018, and HELLO 2019. Can you believe that in just one years from a week away from now, that we will be back into the ROARING 20's? Crazy huh!

I still stand by the Jetson's ruined my adulthood, but I still am not seeing flying cars (though I hear they're working on that), and we're not able to go to the mall on other planets. Still it's pretty cool, because the advancements in technology alone, help a dreamer dream big, and make their dreams come true.

Anywho enough with my 2020 rant, that's still a little over a year away, but let's move onto 2019 which is only a week away, OH MY GOODNESS!

Starting in 2019, i'm getting that reading list setup, and down below are my ten books to read for the Month of January...so here we go.




The Queen's Mark (Royal Guardian #1)
by: Tori Smith

Hidden witch royalty. A prophecy that must be fulfilled. Four sexy warlocks with an agenda.

When I drop to my knees on my twenty-fourth birthday, I figure it'll be at least from some hard alcohol. I mean, let's be real. There is plenty of that in my system that night, but what brings me to my knees is certainly unexpected.

The mark hurts like a b*tch and appears out of nowhere, stamping my arm like a brand, but what happens next trips me out more than the appearance.

This guy seems to materialize with the brand. He's large, intense and after he takes me to his house, I realize he's not alone. He has a friend, an arrogant one, and he's just as beautiful as the first. Two more men happen to follow these two, one the others seem to look to and the final, probably the prettiest guy I've ever seen. They also all look at me in ways that make me want to do things, dirty things to each of them.


Vampire Mage (Clutch Mistress #1)
by: Janelle Peel

My name is Sora. I was born into this world to a highly respected Mage family. All was well as a child; most children receive their magic at puberty… I was not that fortunate. Shunned by my family, I was cast out on my twenty-first birthday—a failure and disappointment to those who were supposed to love me.
Left on my own in Seattle with no friends or money, I made my way through low-paying jobs down the coast to Southern California. Fate finally smiled upon me in San Diego, where I scored a serving position at a diner.
One night after my shift, I decided to walk to a dive bar near my home to drown my sorrows. That was where I met him: the Master Vampire of the SoCal Clutch. It was either the biggest mistake of my life… or the best decision in the world.

Buy Sora’s adventure now to read about a true heroine who comes into her own despite the odds being stacked against her.

This series changes POV's.



 The Accidental Demon Slayer (Demon Slayer #1)
by: Angie Fox

It's never a good day when an ancient demon shows up on your toilet bowl. For Lizzie Brown, that's just the beginning. Soon her hyperactive terrier starts talking, and her long-lost biker witch Grandma is hurling Smuckers jars filled with magic. Just when she thinks she's seen it all, Lizzie learns she's a demon slayer -- and all hell is after her.

Of course, that's not the only thing after her. Dimitri Kallinikos, a devastatingly handsome shape-shifting griffin needs Lizzie to slay a demon of his own. But how do you talk a girl you've never met into going straight to the underworld? Lie. And if that doesn't work, how dangerous could a little seduction be...?




by: C.Wain

Blood. Fear. Death. Love. The legends of old tell of a primordial Creator. Merciful and lonely he was when he breathed new life into the barren womb of Oar, the everlasting universe. The Creator's very essence and mana stood silently for stability and life. Amidst gods and mages, the warming darkness of a mysterious man enshrouds the life of a young village girl. What happens when common beliefs hide the true evil in light? What happens when a rogue and despised necromancer sacrifices his own flesh for the sake of others?




Mages. Sirens. Demons. Dragons. Gryphons. A Federal Paranormal Unit. Attackers of magic. The Mercy Temple Chronicles will hook you!

Mercy Temple lives in a world where paranormals are a thing. Humans know of their existence, but the two species don’t interact. Or so it is thought. She works for a bounty hunter, doing any job he needs done. From killing someone, to finding someone, to bringing them in. She has a love/hate relationship with the bounty hunter. He knows her secret and that’s how he keeps her working for him. But still, he pays her well.

Rafael is a demon. He isn’t a good guy, but not a bad guy either. He wants to know Mercy’s secret, but he has one of his own. He works for the Federal Paranormal Unit. Undercover. And he is hunting the same person she is.

Warning: Unputdownable action-packed fantasy, with mages, sirens, demons, dragons, gryphons and a Federal Paranormal Unit



The Virus spread. Billions died. The Ending began. We may have survived the apocalypse, but the Virus changed us.

When people started getting sick, “they” thought it was just the flu. My roommate, my boyfriend, my family…they’re all gone now. I got sick too. I should have died with them—with the rest of the world—but I didn’t. I thought witnessing the human population almost disappear off the face of the earth was the craziest thing I’d ever experience. I was so wrong. My name is Dani O’Connor, and I survived The Ending.

The Virus changed everything. The world I knew is gone, and life is backwards. We’ve all had to start over. I’ve been stripped of my home, my dreams…all that is me. I’m someone else now—broken and changed. Other survivors’ memories and emotions haunt me. They invade my mind until I can no longer separate them from my own. I won’t let them consume me. I can’t. My name is Zoe Cartwright, and I survived The Ending.

We’ve been inseparable for most of our lives, and now our friendship is all we have left. The aftermath of the Virus has stranded us on opposite sides of the United States. Trusting strangers, making sacrifices, killing—we’ll do anything to reach one another. Fear and pain may be unavoidable, but we’re strong…we’re survivors. But to continue surviving in this unfamiliar world plagued by Crazies and strange new abilities, we have to adapt. We have to evolve.

And more than anything, we have to find each other.




Alix: Book one of the Coven’s Grove Chronicles

Alix hadn’t always been gifted. In fact, she hadn’t been or done much of anything until after she’d turned sixteen—that’s when things had really gone south. Her mother was murdered, her father...well, no one knew where he was. That left Alix on her own in a selfish world filled with people who didn’t give a damn.

Nine years of hell had passed since her sweet sixteen, and the discovery of her gift. So far, she’d managed to handle everything the world had thrown at her. Everything, until Troy Sullivan strolled into the tattoo parlor where she worked.

She had known men before, sure, but none of them could hold a candle to the man that walked up to the counter, looking to get some art done. As fate would have it, Alix finds herself on the run with the would-be man of her dreams, while a band of fanatics, hellbent on finding her, give chase.

All Alix had ever wanted was a normal life. What she’d gotten was a messed up tragedy. And now, she’ll have to fight tooth and nail just to keep that.

Building friendships isn’t easy...building a coven is even harder. The Coven’s Grove Chronicles is a saga about the gathering of thirteen women who possess extraordinary powers. Witches all, they must come together in a sisterhood that will nurture and protect them. The secrets of the arcane will be unlocked for each, if they survive long enough to learn. Join them on their journeys of discovery and hardship, and of course, to meet the dashing men they find along the way.

WARNING: 18+ Steamy sex scenes and mild profanity. HFN




I'm surrounded by dragons, and they're all afraid of me.

At the age of nine, I mistakenly touched someone else, giving him excruciating pain. Through that awful experience, I found out that a graze of my fingertips could torment any being with dragon blood. Because I was surrounded by them in my kingdom, my ability labelled me as cursed. And with that, my family lost everything.

I promised myself to never be shunned away again. That I had to be someone important for people to look up to. A crucial vote was coming up and I would do anything to win it. Then I met them. Four hidrae princes, dragon-shifters of the most powerful kind, who were immune to my abilities. Being able to touch someone else was intoxicating. Associating with them was killing my chances of winning the vote, but the princes drew me in—Rylan with his regal demeanor, Micah with his mystery, Kael who threw all care to the winds... and Gaius? Gaius should just fall on his face and die.

Don't miss this slow-burn reverse harem romance, set in a world of fantasy, dragons and intrigue!




Werewolf Guardian, Damon Trahan lives by a Code: Protect the Pack with his life. Damon has experienced death and betrayal, now all he wants is the freedom of his Harley and the loyalty of the men he rides with, the only family he has left. Those are the things he knows and believes in. Love and the hurt that comes with it has no place in his world…

Until he receives new orders: Rescue female werewolf, Ava Renfroe from a Pack of rogue wolves.

Bartender Ava Renfroe is tired of Alpha males running her life. Being raised as the daughter of a Military General made her want independence more than air—and she has it! Until she’s kidnapped. Damon Trahan, her alpha male rescuer and bossy pain-in-the-ass, is exactly the kind of man she doesn’t want, but try telling that to her libido. His brooding good looks are panty-dropping hot. Too bad he’s bat-shit crazy and thinks he’s a werewolf. Worse, he claims she’s a werewolf too. But when Damon shifts in front of her, she begins to doubt everything she’s known to be true.

On the run from the rogues, Ava and Damon can’t ignore the red hot passion between them. But Damon knows it can’t last. Will he sacrifice everything he’s ever known to have the one thing he’s never meant to have? Or will the war between the Packs destroy them before love is given a chance?



Eighteen-year-old Ria, a fire elemental and privileged student at the University of Magic, thinks nothing can get in the way of her happiness. Even when she falls for Michael, a boy whose element is different from hers, she is determined to make their forbidden romance work.

But when she starts experiencing the symptoms of magic disease that could rob her of her element, turn her into a cold-blooded killer, and shatter her life, all of her beliefs are put to the test. The only one who might be able to help her is Adrian, a mysterious, charming, and dangerous magic disease carrier, who also happens to be her least favorite person in the world.





All synopsis's have been retrieved from Goodreads.com, if you're a member check out these books and authors, and possible add them to your list. If you're not a member, it's free to join and a great place to meet people who love books, and a great place to find out what your next read is.


No comments:

Post a Comment