September 2, 2012

Review: City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare

City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5)
Title: City of Lost Souls
Author: Cassandra Clare
Series: Mortal Instruments #5
Genre: Young Adult
Got From: Amazon
Format: Kindle book
Publication: May 8th 2012 by Margaret K. McElderry
Average Rating: 4.33


Synopsis:
Jace is now a servant of evil, bound for all eternity to Sebastian. Only a small band of Shadowhunters believe he can be saved. To do this they must defy the Clave. And they must act without Clary. For Calry is playing a dangerous game utterly alone. The price of losing is not just her own life, but Jace's soul. Clary is willing to do anything for Jace, but can she still trust him? Or is he truly lost? What price is too high to pay, even for love? (Courtesy of: Goodreads.com)


My Review:
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Cassandra Clare has done it again... she's made me salivate for the next book. This one it was a little rough to get into for the first few chapters or so. But once Clary finally broken away from her mom who by the way I think is highly "ANNOYING!" It got surprisingly better. I really enjoyed seeing Clary, with Jace and Sebastian without any interference it gave you a different perspective on things. Of course Sebastian is an megalomaniac to the extreme, I mean worse than Valentine ever dreamed of being. Jace well even though he wasn't the real Jace you at least got to see him relaxed and having fun. I loved seeing the carefree Jace and I hope to see a little more of him in the further books. I'm so sad though for Alec I loved him and Magnus together I also hope Isabelle gets off her high horse and tells Simon how she feels about him. But the story as a whole, well it's getting more and more interesting as it goes. I'm quite happy that Ms. Clare decided to keep going on with the series, there is just so much you can do with it. Now also with the mentioning's of a "Will Herondale" that I'm totally loving as well. Still a great series and I cannot wait for the next book to come out on both of her series.

View all my reviews


Oh by the way the Jace on the cover of this book... is sooooo NOT what I picture Jace to look like... Clary yeah she's pretty close.

No comments:

Post a Comment