August 20, 2013

REVIEW: LOVER REBORN - BY- J.R. WARD

Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10)LOVER REBORN
BY: J.R. Ward
SERIES: Black Dagger Brotherhood #10
GENRE: Paranormal Romance
PUBLICATION:  March 27th 2012 by NAL (first published 2012)
AVERAGE RATING: 4.35







~SYNOPSIS~
Ever since the death of his shellan, Tohrment has been a heartbroken shadow of the vampire leader he once was. Brought back to the Brotherhood by a self-serving fallen angel, he fights again with ruthless vengeance, unprepared for a new tragedy. Seeing his beloved in dreams—trapped in a cold, isolated netherworld—Tohr turns to the angel Lassiter to save his former mate. The only way to rescue her is for Tohr to love another. As war with the lessers rages, and a new clan of vampires vie for the Blind King’s throne, Tohr struggles between an unforgettable past and a hot, passion-filled future. But can his heart let go and set all of them free?

~MY REVIEW~
this is a definite WOW on the awesome meter....

So I've been slightly disappointed with the last book. Well last few, still loved and enjoyed them, but the just didn't hold a candle to the others. I was quite reluctant in reading this book, because of that, because I was afraid J.R. Ward was losing her touch or interest In the BDB books. But boy was I horribly wrong in that judgement call there. 

it broke my heart when Tohr, lost Welsie, I cried for him. I was overjoyed when he returned though heavily damaged, and not from fighting. No'One/Autumn was really hard on herself, and while reading this book you know why, but she grew slit in this book and it pleased me so much, to watch her, Tohr, and Lassiter all grow. 

By the way I just love that pierced, arrogant, Maury loving Angel. I am also enjoy the path the series is taking as well, especially getting off of the "lesser" tangents, and with this new crew in town just makes things more interesting.

what I didn't like about this book was all the crap between xhex and John Mathew, it kinda irritated and bored me just as much as the lessers parts always do.

I'm seriously excited about finding out if Layla is with child, though I know there is no love like love love there. 

all in all this book totally redeemed the series from the less satisfying few books before it.





2 comments:

  1. Hi, I found your website on Blogaholic Social Network. Joined you via Bloglovin.

    Shelf Full of Books

    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I found your website on Blogaholic Social Network. Joined you via Bloglovin.

    Shelf Full of Books

    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete