June 20, 2013

*~REVIEW~* EMBRACE

Embrace (Gryphon, #2)Embrace
By: Stacey Rourke
Series: Gryphon #2
Genre: Young Adult/ Urban Fantasy
Publication: May 10, 2012 by Anchor Group
Average Rating: 4.74





*~Synopsis~*
Whether she likes it or not, eighteen year old Celeste Garrett has come to terms with being the Chosen One. She knew having a "normal life" would be tricky, between intense training sessions and epic demonic battles, but she didn't know at what cost it would come. That is, until a dear friend is harmed by the malicious forces hunting her. Now, she'd like nothing more than to retreat into a hermit lifestyle to prevent anyone else from getting hurt. But startling revelations, amazing new abilities, and mortifying moments in front of insanely hot guys won't allow time for that. Soon, Celeste finds herself surrounded by darkness and wondering who she can trust-if anyone.

*~My Review~*
In Embrace our journey continues in the lives of Celeste, Gabe, Kendall, and Alaina our feathered guide. However at the start of this book, it's been a few months since the last book ended, and Celeste is in college and working at a coffee shop across the street from the campus.

She's been in a pretty much "must seek demon, must kill demon" mode ever since her last seeing Alec in the hospital. It's takes the help of her family, a girl she works with named Sophie to get her out of her funk, when she meets Caleb, the oh so sexy and I mean sexy Irish man. Rawwrs & Purrs.

In this book we also meet the Dark Army Glee Club, (once you read this book you will totally understand what I mean by this.) Oh and one of the best parts of the book is "Star Wars Boxers" again you will have to read the book to understand that as well, but let me tell you I was laughing for a good 5 minutes on just that.

Once again this book made me laugh, and man I couldn't put it down. I think it's gonna be the same with the last book in the trilogy "Sacrifice". Which I am going to be starting as soon as I am done posting this review. To hell with sleep I say.

Seriously though, read this trilogy it is well worth the read.

Thank you Stacey Rourke for these books, they are quite awesome, and I am pleased you contacted me to read and review them for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment